Dr. Gerali often encounters parents, counselors, teachers and youth workers who start the conversation with “What do I do when . . .” That pending question birth this new series of books, each addressing six daunting and difficult situations that, when they do happen, often leave youth workers and parents feeling unprepared.
Each book defines the issue, explores how different theological perspectives can impact the situation, offers helpful, practical tips, along with credible resources to help the reader go deeper into the issues they’re dealing with.
In What Do I Do When Teenagers Struggle with Eating Disorders?, Dr. Gerali will help you:
- Understand eating disorders, along with the underlying issues that typically contribute to the disorders.
- Break down common myths that eating disorders only affect girls who are trying to have the model figure, and many more.
- Recognize warning signs that may mean a teen is developing an eating disorder.
- Realize the role and responsibility the Church has to mobilize help for teens with eating disorders.
- Create interventions when teens or their parents deny the problem.
- Develop a referral strategy for teens who need help addressing their eating disorder.
In this practical book, you’ll discover how to identify and help a teen who is struggling with an eating disorder, and you’ll find plenty of resources for help beyond what you’re able to give.