Dr. Gerali often encounters parents, counselors, teachers and youth workers who start the conversation with “What do I do when . . .” That pending question birth this new series of books, each addressing six daunting and difficult situations that, when they do happen, often leave youth workers and parents feeling unprepared.
Each book defines the issue, explores how different theological perspectives can impact the situation, offers helpful, practical tips, along with credible resources to help the reader go deeper into the issues they’re dealing with.
In What Do I Do When Teenagers Encounter Bullying and Violence?, Dr. Gerali will help you:
- Understand the issues of bullying, violence, and aggression
- Grasp the factors that play into the issue, including the gender difference in the issue
- Identify the profiles of the aggressors, victims, and gangs
- Explore how theology informs the issue
- Delve into questions that demand theological consideration, such as “Why are people so cruel?” and “Why does God allow suffering?”
- Get tips to help prevent bullying in your youth group and how to transform the bully and empower the victim
- Find ways to deal with the issue when it is specifically targeted at your youth group
With this book you’ll have what you need to help the victims and transform the bullies, and you’ll find plenty of resources for help beyond what you’re able to give.