Dr. Gerali often encounters parents, counselors, teachers and youth workers who start the conversation with “What do I do when . . .” That pending question birth this new series of books, each addressing six daunting and difficult situations that, when they do happen, often leave youth workers and parents feeling unprepared.
Each book defines the issue, explores how different theological perspectives can impact the situation, offers helpful, practical tips, along with credible resources to help the reader go deeper into the issues they’re dealing with.
In What Do I Do When Teenagers Deal with Death?, Dr. Gerali will help you:
- Understand adolescent death, whether accidental, illness-related, homicide or suicide
- Grasp the stages of grief and what they look like in adolescents
- Explore how theology informs the issue of death
- Delve into questions that demand theological consideration, such as, “Why does God allow tragedy? or “Is the dead person in heaven?”
- Get tips for practical ways to help when a youth group experiences death, including helping the grieving family and the surviving teenagers
- Deal with your own personal grief in the situation
With this practical book you’ll have what you need to offer help and hope to hurting teens and their families, and you’ll find plenty of resources for help beyond what you’re able to give.