Dr. Gerali often encounters parents, counselors, teachers and youth workers who start the conversation with “What do I do when . . .” That pending question birth this new series of books, each addressing six daunting and difficult situations that, when they do happen, often leave youth workers and parents feeling unprepared.
Each book defines the issue, explores how different theological perspectives can impact the situation, offers helpful, practical tips, along with credible resources to help the reader go deeper into the issues they’re dealing with.
In What Do I Do When Teenagers are Victims of Abuse?, Dr. Gerali will help you:
- Grasp the realities and myths associated with abuse
- Explore how theology informs the issue
- Understand the different forms of abuse teens encounter, such as physical, emotional, sexual, and self-abuse
- Identify the profile of abusers
- Learn your role in mandated reporting
- Equip teens to identify and avoid abusive situations or relationships
With this practical book, you’ll have what you need to identify and help victims of abuse, and you’ll find plenty of resources for help beyond what you’re able to give.