Dr. Gerali often encounters parents, counselors, teachers and youth workers who start the conversation with “What do I do when . . .” That pending question birth this new series of books, each addressing six daunting and difficult situations that, when they do happen, often leave youth workers and parents feeling unprepared.
Each book defines the issue, explores how different theological perspectives can impact the situation, offers helpful, practical tips, along with credible resources to help the reader go deeper into the issues they’re dealing with.
In What Do I Do When Teenagers are Depressed and Consider Suicide?, Dr. Gerali will help you:
- Understand the physiology, myths, and common symptoms of teenage depression
- Learn about the different forms of depression teenagers may be struggling with
- Discover the reasons teenagers contemplate suicide, along with the myths, signs, and symptoms of suicidal thoughts
- Understand more about cluster suicides, as well as the correlation between suicide and gay or bullied teenagers
- Address the difficult spiritual questions that often accompany depression and suicide
- Offer help to the friends, families, and the church when affected by a teen’s depression or suicide
- Learn how to prevent suicide
In this practical book, you’ll discover how to identify and help a teen who is struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, and you’ll find plenty of resources for help beyond what you’re able to give.