Ordained in May, 1983. Non- Denominational, Independent Church
Church that holds Rev. Dr. Steve Gerali’s ordination: Calvary Memorial Church of Oak Park, IL. 931 Lake St. Oak Park, IL. 60301
Youthwork runs in the family:
- Steve met his wife Jan when she joined his youth staff as a volunteer youthworker at Calvary Memorial Church in Oak Park, IL. She was so good that he kept her! Retired Youthworker!
- Their daughter Andrea Gerali Vaudrey is a youth pastor at Glendora Community Church in Glendora, CA and she an Adjunct Professor of Practical Theology at Azusa Pacific University. Professional Youthworker!
- Andrea’s husband Matt Vaudrey did his BA in Youth Ministry but he has a heart for urban teens so he completed his MA in Education so that he could teach math in an urban high school in Pamona, CA. Undercover Youthworker!
- Alison, the youngest Gerali has a white-collar corporate job by day but works with YoungLife in Los Angeles by night and on the weekends. Super Youthworker!
Some Stuff that’s just going to burn in Eternity:
- Inducted into “Who’s Who Among Empowering Executives and Professionals”, 2000.
- Inducted into “Who’s Who in Religion”, 1992.
- Inducted into “Who’s Who Among Human Service Professionals”, 1988.
- Inducted into “Who’s Who Among Human Service Professionals”, 1986.
- Nominated by Loyola University and awarded “Outstanding Young Men of America” award, 1985
- Gerali once Co-hosted a local Phoenix radio talk program, “A Counselor Point of View” sponsored by RAPHA Mental Health Care.